The Daselva School of Energy Healing – Code of Conduct
By undertaking this course you agree to uphold the teachings and reputation of Copal Daselva and the Daselva School of Energy Healing by engaging in appropriate behaviour, following all
guidelines, and operating in a safe and respectful manner inside the course, when representing the school, and when offering shamanic healings in a professional capacity.
Please ensure you read the following guidelines carefully, and raise any questions with the tutor either during class time or on a one to one basis.
What is Shamanic Energy Healing?
Shamanic Energy Healing is simply tapping into the innate ability that we all have to connect with the energy that is present all around and within us, and harnessing it to activate
our own or another beings capacity to move towards health and wholeness. It is used all over the world, throughout different traditions and cultures, and is not tied into any
philosophies or religious beliefs. The basis of all approaches to shamanic energy healing in any form is openness and respect for all approaches and belief systems. The practitioner is expected to embody this at all times, and not engage in any behaviour that could be seen as preaching, converting, or undermining any other approach or belief system. Shamanic Energy Healing is not a system designed for diagnosis of medical conditions, and is not to be used as such. A client should be encouraged to seek professional medical advice if required.
What is the Daselva approach to Shamanic Healing?
This course had been developed following years of personal study, and immersion is different cultures and traditions. The founder, Copal Daselva, has been privileged enough to work under the guidance of many highly skilled and developed teachers, and this course brings together some of their teachings as a unique program. As such it is carefully constructed to provide a framework for personal and professional development for the practitioner, as well as a safe and recognised practise for clients. It is therefore essential that elements that are not taught within this program are not introduced by the practitioner when delivering healings or representing the school. This includes the introduction of ideas associated with different approaches, for example entity possession. If you are a practitioner of a different healing modality or feel that other belief systems that you hold may impact upon your professional practise, please discuss this with Copal Daselva prior to commencing the course. Misrepresentation or manipulation of the teachings may result in your certificate being revoked, cancellation of your membership, and/or invalidation of your insurance. The school reserves the right to refuse to allow a student to
continue with their studies if they do not adhere to the teachings of the course throughout the course and their professional practise. The course material is not to be passed on or taught in other environments without the express permission of Copal Daselva.
Student and Practitioner Conduct
Throughout the course, and when delivering healings, you are expected to uphold certain standards of behaviour and operate in a professional and safe manner at all times. This includes:
● Alcohol & drug use: No intoxicating substances are to be used at any time. This includes alcohol, drugs, and substances that may be taken to ‘enhance’ the healing. Substances that alter perception can result in lack of alertness or effect judgement which can compromise the safety of the client.
● Verbal or physical aggression: No aggressive behaviour will be tolerated. If you are seen to be engaging in behaviour that is threatening, aggressive, or puts others at risk you will be asked to leave the course immediately. Your insurance requires that you behave in a professional manner, and if any threatening or violent behaviour is witnessed or reported when operating as a healer you certificate and insurance will likely be withdrawn.
● Discrimination: Throughout the course and professional practise no behaviour that is seen to be discriminating on any grounds including gender, disability, communication, religious beliefs, ethnicity, or age, will be tolerated.
● Sexual Conduct: The client/practitioner relationship is based upon very clear boundaries at all times, which includes not engaging in any sexualised behaviour or undertaking a sexual relationship with a client. If you feel an attraction towards a client that you feel may compromise the boundaries, you should refer them on to another practitioner. If a client expresses an attraction and a desire to engage in a relationship outside of the professional boundaries, you may also wish to refer them on.
● Physical contact: Throughout the course and your practise you will encounter situations where you will have physical contact with a client. It is important to follow the guidelines discussed in the course, and also to check in with a client how they feel throughout so that there is no scope for misinterpretation on either side.
● Communication: It is important to maintain clear open communication at all times. Do not offer medical diagnosis or expectations. It is important to remain aware that
people approaching you may be vulnerable, and to ensure that your behaviour and communication remains appropriate at all times.
● Personal Responsibility: As students and practitioners of Shamanic Energy Healing you are expected to take responsibility for your own mental and physical health and
wellbeing at all times. Personal challenges and illness may arise, and it is important that you remain aware of how this may affect your practise and make appropriate
adjustments and seek support for yourself, either through the school or other professionals.
● Health and Safety: Throughout the course and any environment you practise Shamanic Energy Healing in you are expected to take responsibility to ensure health and safety of yourself and your client, including being aware of any hazards (e.g. wiring, trip hazards, sharps bins if operating in a clinical environment), emergency exits, fire alarm protocol etc.
● Personal Conduct: As a student and practitioner you are a representative of the school, expected to behave in a manner that does not discredit or undermine the school or course.
● Remuneration: Students will not seek payment or other gain from practise whilst qualifying.
● Record Keeping: All client records and information is to be kept in a secure manner, and data protection guidelines followed.
All students are expected to complete the whole of the course, and free healing sessions as outlined by the tutor to a satisfactory level. Certification is at the schools discretion, and can be revoked at any time if the practitioner engages in a manner that brings the school into disrepute, undermines the teachings and ethos of the school, or doesn’t abide by the code of conduct.
Terms and Conditions of use of this website
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Copal Daselva, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless added by Users, is the property of Guna Meldere, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen;
- share content on social media only where it is provided with sharing buttons;
- participate in the Affiliate program and recommend products to your friends;
- download purchased products as a customer or Academy subscriber/member and keep them safe.
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Copal Daselva.
- You are responsible for each and every access or use of the Website that occurs in conjunction with the use of your username and password.
- Use of your username and password is conclusive evidence that you have accessed the Website.
- You must keep your username and password confidential.
- You must not allow any third party to access the site using your username and password and take advantage of the site on your behalf by viewing any of the content.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright &/or without the permission of the owner.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Copal Daselva or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Copal Daselva makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Copal Daselva is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Copal Daselva uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guarantee in that regard and all users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Copal Daselva accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Copal Daselva reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Copal Daselva accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business or personal losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- These terms and conditions contain the whole agreement between the parties relating to its subject matter and supersede all prior discussions, arrangements or agreements that might have taken place in relation to the terms and conditions.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- Copal Daselva is a person located in the UK, based virtually with no physical office and operates the Website https://copaldaselva.com.
You can contact Copal Daselva by email on email@example.com
- These Terms and Conditions last updated 10/03/2022.